Frame by Frame

My blog charting my progress playing snooker. Currently my highest break is 54.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

3 Days practice

This week i've practiced everyday, fortunately i've been off uni a fair bit too. I would've practiced today but i had a few things to sort and a bit of a hangover!

Practice is going good, and have seen a marked improvement even between monday and wednesday. I've mainly been working on the line-up and around the black spot, in an attempt to get my break building up. It certainly needs improvement, even still with the line-up my highest break is 25.

I've decided that i'm only going to focus on my break building in matches, sure i'll do the line-up but won't do myself down if i'm poor at building breaks. If i can focus on my long-potting and general position play i find it's more productive and generally fun. Especially as yesterday things generally seemed to be dropping and i could enjoy my time, it's the standard i've been wanting for months and months now. Finally i'm constantly happy and have a get up and go attitude about playing snooker and practice.

I've got a match sorted for tomorrow i think, and i'm hoping to win. It would be nice to play well but i think i just need to get another win under my belt, as i've not played a match in over a week and i want my practice to pay off, with a result. Preferably a big score and i don't want to concede more than 2 frames, because i think i'm playing so well that he shouldn't even get a frame in and that he'll have to play well to do so. I'd be annoyed if i let him get a frame in because i'd played badly or given him countless opportunities.

I also want to build up a good lead early on. If i can take the first 3 frames i'm sure i'd kill off his challenge, but something like 2-1 or 3-1 and he'd come back at me i think. I hope i can deal with his challenges, and even if i lose a couple of frames early on, i'd be annoyed, but would be good to see how he handles it if i start to attack when he has a lead. Fortunately he hasn't had any meaningful lead over me for a few weeks despite winning a few matches.

I think we're closely matched in terms of skill, however i want to push on now and consistantly be better than him. Fingers crossed it'll start tomorrow with a convincing victory, and with continued practice and focus keep winning for the coming weeks (and months) ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home