Frame by Frame

My blog charting my progress playing snooker. Currently my highest break is 54.

Friday, February 09, 2007

New Cue

I got my new Peradon cue and extension this week and gave it a run out. I've adapted to it well and starting to play well with it straight away, just need to find a bloody cue case, can't find one anywhere!

I lost the first time i played with it, something like 5-2. I allowed myself the loss, and a few more as it is a new cue and will take a while to get used to.

The reaccurance of my first couple of frames being the best hit as i took the first one, lost the second, took the third then rolled over. frustrating really as i know i'm a better player than my opponent, my technique is a lot better than his, just stabbing at the cue ball and rocketing them in everytime. frustrating.

Anyway we played again the other day and I won 3-2 in a very even game where almost every frame went to a black ball game. Nice to win really, and i played well in the last one. I was just determined to win, i couldn't go home with another loss. I usually play well in the first 5 frames then my game tails off, so it was quite handy we only played the 5 frames.

I went home and practiced for a further hour and a half which i think did me the world of good, and i'm going to go and play for an hour solid after writing this and then maybe later on too. I want to include breaks in my practice which will keep my concentration in check.

I need my cueing to remain as it is, so i can perfect the technique of eyeing the object ball a lot more than the cue ball. if my cueing allows me to focus on this more my game should improve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home