Frame by Frame

My blog charting my progress playing snooker. Currently my highest break is 54.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Practice makes perfect

I've been practicing hard this week. In fact since Thursday i've played everyday bar saturday (hey, we all need our days off!) On friday i knocked up 3 hours practice, and sunday i managed at least 2 hours. Today i also hit an hour and a half practice, could have done more but for some reason my concentration was a bit off.

Anyway i'm going to play tomorrow, practice or match (not sure yet) but if a match is on then i'll get down there before to practice a little. After the way i've been playing i can't help but think that someone is gonna be on the end of a real hiding from me soon, hopefully it will come this week and show my practice has paid off.

I've been practicing straight pots and my cueing. Cueing is looking good if i do say so, it is finally allowing me to concentrate on the object ball. I've also been practicing shots around the black spot, trying to roll them in. It's hard work and i don't like it as much, but i know it'll serve me well, and already am improving. I'll see tomorrow if the practice has paid off.

The new cue is holding up wel, i've adjusted a lot quicker than i thought i would. I guess the way i play i can adapt quickly to changes in conditions, be them differing table conditions or changes to my cue. The conditions of the cue ball and snooker balls also differ (notably between the club i play at in nott'm compared to those in Direby) and i think this has helped my game and could explain why i take a couple of frames to adjust.

Still can't find a bloody cue case either! getting on my nerves now. Practice was good today, for the first time my shots are dropping well and consistantly, perhaps better than they were before i took a break over the summer.

I also want to keep an eye out for other tournaments, i might look at rileys, in direby and of course at my local club. I badly need to overcome memories of my tournament before christmas. It wasn't me that played that day, i didn't care about losing, didn't care about playing, i just showed up cause i put my name down. I was at a bad place in snooker, one i hope never to revisit, but now i feel like my normal self in terms of snooker, in fact my passion may be stronger. I now want to be at the club more than i used to, something i would have never dreamt during December. I now want to take my snooker further, and see how far i can run with it, hey even make some money from it.

I put success in snooker on a pedestal, and now i think i've removed that and can see success coming my way, hopefully within the next couple of years. I don't care how small the success in the coming months. A textbook snooker, a sweet long red or beating my top break, every step counts to my goals in snooker and i know that all the next few months are about getting as many hours under my belt as possible, ideally 2+ times a week at the club plus hours in on the table at home.

Lets see how the rest of the week works out, i know, writing this now, i can't wait to see how i play for the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home