Frame by Frame

My blog charting my progress playing snooker. Currently my highest break is 54.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Injury Setback

I've had a couple of niggling problems this week, although i have played and match and had a practice session.

I played football on saturday for the first time for a while, and after skipping a warm up felt a strain in my right thigh as i hit my first shot! serves me right i guess!

Anyways the problem stayed for 3 days when i played my match and was still in some discomfort leaning over the table and putt weight on it to lean into a shot.

I then practiced on Thursday and although my thigh wasn't affecting my snooker, my left shoulder was causing me problems. It's a reaccurance of pains i've had on and off for well over a year now and they were starting to affect my game.

So i skipped practice today knowing i need to rest up, looking to be back in shape for next thursday. My thigh feels fine today, playing football again on thursday didn't seem a good idea as it flaired up again worse than before, but overnight i think it's cleared completely. However unfortunately my shoulder is still painful and not fully flexible. I don't know now how to try and sort it. Whether to rest up for a week and see how it feels, or maybe do some weights and fight through it like i did with my thigh. I'll see, weekend off snooker again i think. Might even help my uni work if i'm away from the tables, something else to do in the day other than snooker!

The match on tuesday went to plan i guess, I won 3-1 playing solid enough snooker.2 match unbeaten run. Runs of results didn't matter too much before but they are starting to become important, especially with a likely league to be coming to our club soon i want to be playing well and with a strong run of form going into some big matches against much better opponents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home